Online Horticulture Opportunities
Our U of MN partners in Extension have put together a six-week series of gardening webinars, designed for all levels of gardening knowledge and experience. These 30 to 40 minute weekly sessions will be delivered through Zoom. For the best experience, please download the Zoom app before joining the webinar. Classes are free to attend, but you must pre-register 48-hours in advance in order to get a link to the class.
Webinars begin at 7 pm on Wednesdays.
- May 6: Low care, no care vegetables
- May 13: Gardening raised to a whole new level
- May 20: Herbs for use and delight
- May 27: Weird and wacky vegetables
- June 3: Garden 911: What to do when things go wrong
Other opportunities through Extension include:
- A webinar on bumble bee identification will be presented on May 27 and May 29 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- The Spring Fever Garden Forum Series by NDSU Extension began on March 26 and is held each Thursday night, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., through April 16. Topics include growing vegetables in containers, beautifying your landscape, growing apples, attracting native bees, enriching soil, caring for lawns, and reducing the use of pesticides.
- U of M Extension educators show their seed starting systems.
- A Gardening from the Ground Up webinar series will be held each day May 12 through 15 from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. each day.
- There is an Extension video on The Basics of Seed Starting.