July 25, 2019
5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Horticulture Night offers a wide variety of demonstrations and presentations offered twice throughout the event. Typically held in the last Thursday of July, Horticulture Night gives visitors the opportunity to view annual flowers, plants, shrubs and trees under regional conditions as well as take in educational presentations. It is estimated that 2,000 people attend the free event.
We are in the planning stages for our 2019 event, and will post an itinerary as soon as it becomes available.
Horticulture topics will include:
- Designing containers
- Vining annuals and perennials
- Trees and shrubs
- Common pests in the garden, and how to best manage
- Living mulches for your garden
- Stone balancing (demonstration by Peter Juhl)
- Fairy gardens
- Bees and their honey
- Annual flower walking tour
Horticulture Night is free and open to the public.