Organic Dairy Day
Economics of Organic Dairying with Larry Tranel
- Dr. Larry Tranel is an Extension Dairy Specialist with Iowa State University. His areas of expertise include business and financial management, employee management and training, grazing/pasture systems, milking systems, small/beginning farmers, production records, forage production, feeds, forages, and nutrition, dry and transition cows, lactating cows, calves and heifers, milk quality, and humane animal care/euthanasia. Tranel received his B.S. and M.S. in Agriculture Economics at the University of Wisconsin, Platteville. Travel also owns a dairy in southwestern Wisconsin.
Organic Dairy Research Update with Brad Heins
- Dr. Brad Heins is an Associate Professor of Dairy Science at the University of Minnesota West Central Research and Outreach Center, Morris. His research emphasis includes organic dairy management, crossbreeding and genetics, precision technology, pasture and forages, and herd health. Heins received his B.S., M.S., and PhD from the University of Minnesota.
- Pasture Walk, featuring Kernza
- Organic Silage Variety Trials
- Calf Feeding Options for Organic Dairies
Registration begins at 10:00 am. Lunch will be provided.