Vegetable Gardening in MN - Things You Need to Know
Vegetable gardening can be frustrating: perhaps there's too much or too little water, weeds, plant diseases and/or insect issues. However, there are solutions to many of these gardening headaches that not only give us a quality crop, but also makes vegetable gardening enjoyable. Join Steve Poppe, WCROC Horticulture Scientist, for recommendations on how to successfully grow quality vegetables.
Class will cover:
- The right garden location
- Tips on sowing vegetable seeds
- Growing nutritious greens
- Why weeds are a problem, and what management strategies work best to reduce weed pressure
- How to grow healthy vegetables and deal with plant diseases
- Interplanting to help reduce pests and encourage beneficial insects
- Growing tomatoes in containers
This workshop is part of the Come Grow with Us horticulture education series. Classes are free to attend, and open to the public.