Winter Crops & Soil Day
The WCROC is partnering with the Southwest Research & Outreach Center (SWROC) and U of MN Extension to hold Winter Crops & Soils Day programs on February 7-9 in Lamberton, Luverne, and Morris, respectively.
Winter Crops & Soils Day is a public event highlighting current University of Minnesota research that is specific to southwest and west central Minnesota. 2018 marks the first year that the WCROC and SWROC are collaborating to share regionally focused research results and recommendations with area crop and livestock producers.
Program presentations and speakers include:
- Integrating Cover Crops and Livestock to Improve Farm Profitability - Brad Heins, Associate Professor, Dairy, WCROC
- The good, the bad, and the reality of Minnesota farm profitability - Joleen Hadrich, Associate Professor and Extension Economist, Applied Economics
- Do reduced pest management inputs mean increased economic risk? - Bruce Potter, Integrated Pest Management Specialist, SWROC
- Interseeding cover crops into standing corn and soybean - Axel Garcia y Garcia, Assistant Professor, Agronomy, SWROC
- Supplemental Irrigation - Jeff Strock, Professor, Soil Science, SWROC
- WCROC Agronomy & Soil Science Trials - Curt Reese, Scientist, Agronomy & Soil Science, WCROC
Winter Crops & Soils Day is open to the public. Pre-registration is encouraged. Registration for the program is $35 (cash or check only) and includes refreshments, handouts, and lunch.
Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. Presentations begin at 10:00 a.m., and will conclude at 3:15 p.m.
View the Winter Crops & Soils Day brochure (includes program schedule for each location)
You may register online, or by contacting Heidi Olson-Manska at 320-589-1711 ext. 2130.