Annual Flower Research: Results
The goal of the annual flower trial at the U of MN WCROC is to evaluate cultivars under regional conditions in order to provide cultivar recommendations for our hardiness zone (Zone 4). At the end of the growing season, our results are published.
Top Ten Winners
Annual flowers are evaluated on unique characteristics, exceptional performance, color and vigor under regional conditions. A visual evaluation and score is given three times during the growing season. Only the highest rated cultivars earn the distinction of a Top Ten Performing Annual.
- 2019 Top Ten Performing Annuals (printable version)
- 2018 Top Ten Performing Annuals (printable version)
- 2017 Top Ten Performing Annuals (printable version)
- 2016 Top Ten Performing Annuals (printable version)
- 2015 Top Ten Performing Annuals (printable version)
- 2014 Top Ten winners announced
- 2013 Top Ten Performing Annuals
Annual Flower Trial Results
- Flower Trial 2019
- Flower Trial 2018
- Flower Trial 2017
- Flower Trial 2016
- Flower Trial 2015
- Flower Trial 2014
- Flower Trial 2013
- Flower Trial 2012
- Flower Trial 2011
- Flower Trial 2010
National Plant Trials Database
The Horticulture Display Garden is a participating garden in the National Plant Trials Database, which is a central repository for trial plant data. Participating gardens adopt standardized trialing protocol along with evaluation criteria. At the conclusion of each growing season, trial managers upload trial data into the database making cultivar evaluations available to industry professionals.