West Central Research and Outreach Center partners with several University of Minnesota units to conduct research and share expertise with the public.
College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences
The University of Minnesota’s College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resources Sciences (CFANS) is developing tomorrow’s leaders, creating science-based solutions to global challenges, growing Minnesota’s economy and extending our state’s global impact. WCROC is one of 10 unique Research and Outreach Centers throughout the state led by CFANS. Specific CFANS departments we collaborate with include:
- Department of Animal Science
- Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering
- Department of Agronomy and Plant Genetics
- Department of Horticultural Science
- Department of Soil, Water, and Climate
University of Minnesota
Our partnerships go beyond CFANS into other U of MN colleges, campuses, and departments.
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- College of Science and Engineering
- Institute on the Environment (IonE)
- Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- University of Minnesota Morris
Minnesota Agricultural Experiment Station
Minnesota Agricultural Experiment Station (MAES) funds the research of University of Minnesota scientists to improve Minnesota's agricultural and forest products, horticultural crops, human nutrition, family and community life, and environmental quality. It supports both basic and applied research with practical goals for improving the lives of Minnesotans.
University of Minnesota Extension works in rural, suburban, urban and tribal communities and beyond to bring Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training.