46352 State Hwy 329
Morris, MN 56267
Prior to working at the WCROC:
- Grew up on a farm NE of Donnelly, MN, raising corn, soybeans, wheat and beef cattle in my youth. I still have a limited part in the farm operation, and now more focused on grass-fed beef production.
- Graduated from Bemidji State University in 2006 with a degree in Aquatic Biology.
- Worked as an assistant project manager at West Central Environmental Consultants in Morris until 2011.
- Became a Wetland Specialist for the Natural Resources Conservation Service in Morris until 2015.
- Was the District Technician for the Stevens Soil and Water Conservation District until accepting my current position with the WCROC.
Day-to-day job tasks include:
- Building and other facility maintenance and repair across the research center.
- Seasonal HVAC management for office space and livestock buildings.
- Scheduled testing of fire suppression and alarm systems, geothermal heat pumps, on-site generators, etc.
- IT and phone support for the WCROC staff and departments.
- Facilitate UMN and other agency permitting requirements.
Favorite part about working at the WCROC? No day is the same, there is always something new going on and new challenges to work through. I appreciate the diversity of work that I get to be part of, knowing that the WCROC is working to improve on efficiencies and advancement of crop and livestock production systems.